Remember that powerful post I wrote on how to start losing weight healthily and effectively via the consumption of fruit and vegetable smoothies? Well, if you can recall, that story has only just begun. I got so carried away motivating you guys I never quite got around to sharing with you weight loss smoothie recipes and something towards a green smoothie diet towards meeting your weight loss and health objectives.
Right, I had another look at my blogging diary. Previously, I said I was going to be sharing with you some of the practical ideas and magical weight loss ingredients in this post. But, you know what, there’s just so much detail that I’ll simply never be able to cram it into this post. Whatever does not get into this post could be carried over into a later post. The weight losing theme is that important and we could be talking about the possibility of going on a smoothie detox diet as well.
Getting rid of the illusions before getting rid of the fat
In an earlier post I went on about diet fads and the deceptions that come with it. There are natural supplements widely available to help overweight men and women to deal with their weight loss issues but they are not sufficient on its own. What needs to be remembered is that a whole batch of other exercises, including the pleasurable exercise of shopping for or growing the ingredients for smoothie making, still needs to be included.
Ditch those weight loss pills. They don’t work. Grab another green smoothie and listen up. Regular exercise, a physically active life and a healthy and balanced diet works every time. That is if you really want to start losing weight fast. Sitting on the couch for hours on end watching crap doesn’t work. Period.
A healthy weight loss smoothie recipe that you can use
As part of the entire weight loss regime, smoothies are effective. It’s healthy too. One big advantage of taking a daily dose of smoothies is that it’s going to contain all the essential nutrients that encourage the body to lose weight, and without adding any additional calories. A good student of smoothie making will quickly learn how to create the right mix and/or balance of essential proteins, complex (necessary) carbohydrates, healthy (essential) fats, nutrients and vitamins.
The famous ingredients
Ah. One of my favorite blogging jobs. Listing. This list shows you briefly how they benefit you for weight loss and health objectives.
- Avocados – These magnificent fruits are great as weight loss thickeners. It lends the healthy smoothie a dash of creaminess with a good dollop of healthy fat included which helps to stave off those hunger pangs and you, like me in the past, rushing off to the store to go grab a large bag of crisps.
- Berries – Take another look at this charming list. Oh, I’ve only mentioned a few, but there’s plenty more where that came from. There are your blackberries and blueberries. And then there’s your raspberries. And what about everybody’s favorite? Why, the strawberries, of course. Bring them on, guys. These fruits are natural replacements for unhealthy white sugar, so those with the proverbial sweet tooth, just like me, can indulge and enjoy without worrying about packing on any more pounds.
- Cayenne pepper – I might have a sweet tooth, but I also happen to enjoy things hot and spicy. Call me extreme then. Apart from adding a nice spicy kick to the smoothie, the cayenne pepper is a potent force for weight loss. It contains capsaicin and it has been recommended as a breakfast ingredient in order to stave off the cravings for fat and carbohydrates later on in the day.
- Chia seeds – This is something relatively new for me as well. I’ve yet to use it. But I’m about to. I can’t wait. These seeds are also great for weight loss. They are loaded with fiber and protein and also help to keep you satiated in the sense that there are no great hunger pangs for a number of hours to come at least.
I’ve included just four ingredients so far. There are dozens of others. Right now, I’m thinking of cinnamon, coconut oil, fat free yogurt, greens with leaves, something called Stevia and more fruit and tea. I’m saving my summaries of these for the next post, or a later post, depending on how much time and space we have. Right now, there’s something else I want to mention to you guys. Listen up and read through the next sub-title.
Ingredients to avoid
If you’re a hefty feller like I was and you really want to lose the excess weight, you’re gonna have to avoid a few things. Again, the list is long, so what I’m going to do is prioritize. I’m looking at ingredients likely to be included in the smoothie.
- Canned fruit and/or vegetables – This is like taking the easy way out of things. I did this in the beginning and it didn’t work. Canned fruit is loaded with corn syrup. There’s white sugar in it too. The vegetable options contain preservatives. All of these ingredients contain far too many heavy calories.
- Do a checklist on so-called sweet fruits – This does not mean that the fruits’ natural sugars are bad for you, but there’s a calorie content that heavy dudes and girls should avoid for the time being. While apples and bananas tend to be everyone’s favorites, they have a natural sugar content that you need to think about. Experts suggest that you go for the weight-loss kings and queens, avocado pears and berries.
- Fruit juice- Avoid buying supermarket fruit juices like you were avoiding the plague. These juices are dangerous. And did you know that these bottled juices contain far more white sugar per glass serving than a regular soda. Also, go easy on the natural juice you’re squeezing at home. Remember what was said in the previous bullet on sweet fruits. The same principle applies here.